Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Setting tolerances in configuration.

Jeff2005

Usually I don't bother the tolerance settings but I have notice my surfaces around the holes looks octagon shape, so I decided to check this setting out. I found that my surface tolerance was set on 4mm my toolpath tolerance was set on .4. What other factors are involved with determining the tolerance?

thanks for the help.

-----

"...yesterday when i opened an iges model it changed my tolerences in the config..."

-----

Note that there is a Config setting on the Converters page which says "Use IGES Files tolerance values?". IGES files do come equipped with a tolerance value in the header, usually its the tolerance of the sending CAD system, but it can sometimes be larger than you might like.