Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drill cycle

connormac

I give up. I'm trying to drill deep holes thru a blank of aluminum. .70 deep with stub drill, then go back thru 2.9" deep with jobber drill.

if I set retract to -.65, top of stock to -.65 and depth to -2.9 it works except there is know way to clear chips off drill. ( .123" drill)

If I set retract to -.1 it starts drilling at -.1.

Is there any way to start at -.65 but retract to -.1

I've come to this before also. I usually just start the second drill at the top of the hole and let it drill down. But I think I've read in the past about outputting long code instead of using the drill cycles. Maybe something could be setup to make that work how you want it. However I'm not the person to advise how to do it!

Just thinking out loud here...

Short of macros, custom cycles, linear moves, or hand edits, an "approach" plane in addition to the start, retract, and clearance planes would work. That would allow you to feed quickly from the approach plane to the start point - but not a rapid. It would have many uses in milling operations as well. Other systems have this.

--

Bill

• 3 months later...

The available variables on the custom drill paramaters tab are

drl_prm1$

drl_prm2$

drl_prm3$

drl_prm4$

drl_prm5$

drl_prm6$

drl_prm7$

drl_prm8$