Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Switched to Metric Need Tooling!

Adam

Hi guys.

So I did it today all over to metric, now I need to find a tooling manufacturer.

In the past we have used Garr, Kennametal,Iscar and Robb Jack. I am looking for one who has the best metric selection, aswell as an overall high quality product.

I cut A2, H11, P20, CuBe, all mold work basically. HT up to around 52-56 RC sometimes.

I would also like to know if anybody is using the Minimaster by Iscar? I have one here but havent used it yet. Are there cost benefits with using one vs. a standard solid carbide Endmill?

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks

Adam

Hanita, OSG, KM, Sandvik, Iscar, etc will have full metric lines; OSG has some delivery issues but they are supposedly working that out.

We use those replaceable head tools [i don't know if they call them Minimaster or Multimaster now] and they work nice but I don't think the cost is all that spectacular. Since Iscar and Ingersoll are part of the same family, you may be able to save a couple bucks going with the Ingersoll "Chip Surfer" tool since I think the Ingersoll name has a little less cachet than Iscar.

C

I think you donot need to change supplier as in australia I use all of mentioned above and all have their metric selection and seco is another good tool company with a wide selection of high quality standard and non standard tools(like draft mills with different end radie and angles).

I am really impressed with their quality.

+1000 for Hanita ,Iscar and Seco .

Do not forget Y-G .

They are superb .

Have a look on Die-jet too.

For toolholders I stand for ETM

NB. Minimaster is Seco product

Multimaster is Iscar product

Both are great

Seco turns to be overpriced here

Die-jet is great alternative