Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

stl verify issue

I have a part that I have been saving as an stl along the way a different OPS. I get to this one opm I save the stl, I go into the next op2 and rotate the stl to be in proper cutting position and it will not render. If I tell it to use the stl as save it will render that but I rotate it so it is standing up and it will not render.

banghead.gif

Any way around this one that antone is aware of?

I haven't heard of that one yet. I imagine you have tried all of these but here are the only work arounds that I could think of.

1) Try different tolerances when exporting STL

2) Rotate it in a different cad package or older version of MC.

3) Don't rotate it. Just use the WCS to progam the parts with the stock view always being TOP ( system)

Mike

I have had good luck moving this through the several operations, I am just wondering if I hit a point where the finished surfaces were just creating too large a file.

I have had several crashes just trying to load it. The stl file is nearly 60 megs in size by itself

quote:

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

By rights you should be able to move your .stl where ever you want. I used to do it that way all the time until I got sick of the errors and learned how to use wcs. Now I'm going back to the old .mc9's and converting them to wcs when I get the time. So much less data to store and back up too! smile.gif