Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

surface, computer to computer problem

charlie

I wouldnt be too concerned about visual differences, because there are so many factors that can affect the visual quality of an on screen image, most notable of these are the monitor and the graphics card, but also there are all the setting issues with these and Mastercam.

The real issue to assertain is wheather there is an actual difference between the arc on the two different computers, and the best way to asertain this is to check the actual entity details with analyse (just click analyse and the entity) and compare them between the two machines, if they match then you dont have any real problems, even though the entities may look different, they are in fact mathematicaly identical and for the sake of generating CNC code or indeed just other CAD elements they ARE identical.

[ 03-06-2002, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: bryan.davis ]

I agree with bryan. I would not be very concerned about a visual differance just as long as it's the same dimensionaly. I've noticed that sometimes if I create stuff(like splines traced over arcs or elipses) when zoomed in, when you zoom out they don't look very nice at all(very pointy and with flat sections). But if you machine the spline it comes out fine. What makes this happen, I don't know (like others have said, maybe graphics card) but like I said, it always machines fine. smile.gif

charlie,

If both systems are running Mcam and the only difference is visual, check the "Chord height" under Screen-Surf display-Shading. If the chord height is large, curved surfaces and solid round faces appear as segmented, or polygon shaped. With a smaller value, (say .0005) the curved surfaces and solid faces appear more round. HTH biggrin.gif