Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Things are bad

Elad

During the day,at work, i try not to listen to the news,and concentrate in my job.

but we live in a war zone.

I think that Israel has a lot to offer to the world.

anyway, i saw the topic about working in Australia,and i noticed that there were a lot replys.

smile.gif I wonder how many pepole will reply to a job opportunity in Israel smile.gif

Hope for better days. wink.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Israel

frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

It's such a shame that some people have such a deep desire to slaughter and maim innocent people.

I still want to go to Israel though. If I had the money I'd go in a heartbeat.

I hope you have not lost loved ones to this Elad.

My best friend is Jewish. My favorite customer is Iranian. Both some of the best people I've ever known.

We Americans have a short memory (who are some of best friends: Japan & Germany. Many Americans now visit Vietnam. Our own civil war was brutal, but we ended up one country).

This cycle of violence seems without end. What a waste of humanity for both sides.

Elad,

What kind of job opportunities do you have there? I'm from NY and while thankfully, none of my loved ones or close friends perished in the terrorist attack on the WTC, we're still grieving together as NY'ers who were all jolted into the awareness of the monsters inhabiting our planet. In total solidarity and support for Israel's struggle for its existnce against the continuing threats, I have long cherished a desire to live and work in Israel (against my families wishes).

By the way, an Iscar rep came into our shop on Friday and I was very impressed by their tooling systems. Do you know about them? Do they do all their manufacturing in Israel?

In solidarity,

Phil

Iscar export about 5% of the export of Israel.

It is one of the biggest companies in Israel,and one of the biggest tool makers in the world.(they just bought the american company Ingersoll).

Iscar is our biggest customer and if you'll have the chance,you should visit the company.it is impressive.

They have the lateset technology and machines,and it is possible to arrange a little tour in their factories.

Let me know if you're coming!

Elad,

That's good to know because we're thinking of trying out some of their components for our own shop. Namely,their modular tools, their new line of molded carbide end mill and ball mill inserts and others. What do you make for them?

Is Mastercam big over there? I heard that Cimitron is an Israeli product. How does it compare? What about machine tools - does Haas, Fadal and good American brands have outlets? Which VMC's are you using?

Just curious. Thanks for your answers. If a good opportunity comes up, I would seriously consider going. smile.gif

In solidarity my friend,

Phil

Phil,

Give me your job at NY, and i'll give you mine here in Israel smile.gifsmile.gif

Mastercam Is quite popular here,there are some other Israelies cad/cam softwares like Cadtech & Cimatron.i used to work with Cadtech before,but since i have Mastercam,it's my second wife smile.gifsmile.gif

I belive most of the machines are from Japan,but i know some places that work with american machines.

I work with Vertical CNC machines from Taiwan,with Fanuc & Mitsubish controls (i think Mitsubishi control is so mouch better then fanuc!!!,did you work with mitsubishi controls??).

From my experiance,you will have all the answers you need from Iscar,they got everything,and they are sure good in what they do.

You should come over to visit (if you are not afraid smile.gif )

I thought about coming to westec this year,but i can't,i hope i will be there next time.it will be great to see all the faces behind this forum.

Have a great week,

Elad,

I work at Utley's Inc in Woodside, NY. It is a prototype model shop and we specialize in high speed prototyping. I machine prototypes in Acrylic, Aluminum, Brass and RenShape foam for cosmetics bottle design and packaging, consumer products, awards, sculptures, vacuum form tooling etc. I recently machined a beautiful Crystal Star of David prototype for Lenox Crystal. I enjoy the creative end of it and that's the path I would like to pursue, towards what I like to call CNC Sculpturing.

My wife and I just saw the 2 hour documentary on 9/11 on TV. It was very moving and brought back the tragic feelings of shattered lives from 6 months ago which are still struggling to heal. I know what you are going through in Israel. We have tasted it. I know it's hard, but keep your head up, keep you spirit! We will win the war on terrorism here and in Israel.

Phil

Thousands of innocent people, including women, children and people of all different religions and nationalities were murdered on Sept 11.

That evening on the news Palestinians are laughing and celebrating in the streets with glee; like they had just won the World Cup.

To revel in death and destruction is the essence of evil. There was a lot of sympathy for the Palestinian cause in the U.S. up to that point. That celebration of evil caused much of that support to evaporate. I think I said what most Americans said, and I can't repeat it here.

Not only were those celbrations disgusting, they had to be the worst PR (Public Relations) in the history of the world.

[ 03-11-2002, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Charles Davis from San Diego CADCAM ]