Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCX-2 times out

dgaston

Hi guys,

I just loaded MCX-2 recently and noticed a problem. If the program sits idle for a period of time, I have a mssg on the screen that say " the sim has become disabled and the program will shut down" I get one chance to save the file.

Is there a setting for a timer or something like that? I am on a net-hasp, and I am thinking maybe there is a timer on network licenses to release the license after being idle for some time, so other users have access to it?

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

D.

Oh man, been there done that.

The ONLY thing that fixed this for me was a reinstall of windows.

Something related to the HASP driver, windows side, got toasted, until I reinstalled I had this issue, since my reinstall it has not happened once.

hth

EDIT:

Sorry, I just reread, you're on a nethasp, I was on a USB sim, different problem likely

dgaston,

I have the privilage of telling our IT guy when bad things happen. We are on a net hasp and have no problem. AT one time we could install mastercam but since there were so many users of MCAM here that changed. I'm lucky since I have administrator privilages.

I was just wondering if you have the same luxary of an IT dude and if you could take advantage of him/her.

Thad et all,

did find some old posts regarding this issue, but there appeared to be no real solution. I was surprised to see there were no responses from the Mastercam Folks that I could see.

I did notice some repetition on comments regarding installing an earlier version of MC after X2 was installed.

So far today, no disconnected sims, so I will keep my fingers crossed. If it happens again I will try running the X2 CD and do a "repair" and see if that does it.

D.