Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 files I need along with post

Santa Fe

I got a new computer installed by our IT guy and when I come back to work on it last saturday I notice that non of my machine definitions, nor the custom post processor for the dif. machines were there any more.

My question is: along with the *.pst, *.txt and *PSB all I need to bring to the new station are the *.MMD, *LMD, *.control.

Also even when this computer is much more powerfull I was having poor graphic performance when translating, rotating, backploting and verifying. Any input on this item will be helpfull also.

Thanks

headscratch.gif

I did a quick search for the graphics and it got fixed by checking Disable the front buffer and Disable hardware acceleration. And this is what the IT got me:

==========================================

This computer has an ATI FireGL V5200 PCI-Express Video Adapter in it, which should more than suffice for the CAD and CAM applications we will be using for the foreseeable future. It has 256MB of on-board memory and an on-board cooling fan. It is Open-GL compatible.

I have installed AutoCAD LT 2007 and SolidWorks 2007 both with the latest Service Packs. I have also installed MasterCAM X2, Mill Level 3, with the Solids Add-On, Catia V4 / V5 Translator, and Pro-Drill Add-On. Documentation on how to use these new features are located on Juan's desktop when he logs into the computer.

The computer has two 74GB hard drives. The C: drive is where all the OS and application files are installed. I would recommend that all drawings and other data created using any applications (that you do not store on the network) be kept on the D: Drive. This will allow for more free space on the C: drive, which the OS uses for Virtual Memory. The more free space available, the more space WinXP can allocate for Virtual Memory.

==============================================

About the keymaping I just did'em all again, but not to big deal.

Thanks guys.