Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fagor 8055MC control. Question about 5 axis.

Bruce Caulley

Ahoy!

Machine is a 5 axis gantry router. Currently the pivot distance and tool length are entered in the cam ( UG frown.gif )side rather than at the control. I haven't been able to find anything in any of the manuals here, or even on the website to tell me wether or not I can enter the pivot distance in the parameter table of the machine or not. Tool lengths could then go in the tool table where they belong and there will be no more need for adding up a lot of numbers everytime the programe is posted.

How do I tell if this feature (TCP?) is activated?

headscratch.gif

Bruce

Yep, TCP. Or I would call it dynamic compensation if it were a table/table machine.

At the moment there is a chart of tool lengths taped to the computer along with the pivot distance. In UG the tool length and Z offset (pivot distance) are used by the post to determine the correct 5 axis motion. If the tool is changed you need to run upstairs and make the changes and re-post. cuckoo.gif

The company was started by a couple of blokes with no machining background and they have done an admirable job of getting to where they are. I need to be able to demonstrate and implement more up to date methods for using the machine so I can up the efficiency. Getting the tool length issue sorted is my personal #1 as seeing the amount of time and trouble that is spent on an issue that would be non-existent anywhere else will very shortly get on my xxxx.

Bruce

Eric,

When we got the machine installed the setup guy told me I wanted TCP so he set up all the parameters and so far I like it. A couple things that come to mind.

-your post must post out zero tool length & zero pivot distance.

-I touch the tools off table using a program (M100) to set tool lenght of active tool.

-pivot distance is stored as a general machine parameter P97

Hope this helps explain a little, there is more but would need some time to look over manual.

-

Is this machine a Quintax??

Ours is a 2001 and we do not have the tool touchoff pad.

I guess that you realy do not need one if you use a presetter on the table and set it up to do the same thing that the tool touchoff pad does

the post that they supplied me does allow me to post zero pivot and zero tool length.

what if you use multiple tools in a program ??

Thanks All!!!

Greg,

TCP and Dynamic comp aren't technically the same thing, but they achieve the same result. On a head/head tcp allow you to programme without worrying about the pivot distance. On a table/table dynamic comp allows you to programme without worrying about the rotation point location.

Bruce