Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

levels visible but not selectable?

dantheman

Hi!

I wonder if there is a way to make a level visible but not selectable? The reason I ask is because with level 9 I was able to make lines on the "fly" for boundries with all the end points jioned. We are using MR1 now and I find that when I want to create random lines, say for boundries it wants to grab end points and mid points even though the auto curser has them turned off? Maybe a more appropiate question would be how can I create random drawn lines, jioned, but not have it looking at other geom.? I'm sure that there must be an easy way I just haven't come across it yet! Thanks for any help

Dan

Hi Dan,

Holding down the Control key on the keyboard when drawing geometry automatically disables the autocursor. If you use Create - Line - Endpoint, turn on the Multi-line button, turn off the tangent button, then hold down control, you should be able to draw a connected boundary on the fly.

Just be sure to release the control key when you go to select the endpoint that closes the boundary.

HTH,

You could also go into the Autocursor Configuration page, turn off all the check boxes for point selection (endpoint, origin, center, midpoint, ect.) but turn ON "enable power keys". When you go to draw Mastercam will not snap to any entity point unless you press the keyboard shortcut for that snap point. So you could draw your multi line just like normal, then hit "E" on the keyboard and select endpoint of the entitiy that you would like to use.

HTH,

Hey Thad, I'm up and running now and the trick seems to be holding the "control" key and turning off tangent as Colin mentions. You can turn off auto cursor but it still wants to snap to end points regardless? Any way, so long as I know about the "tangent" and "control" thing I can make chips!

Dan

If I turn off autocursor and tangent is not selected, I can create multi lines without the cursor snapping to something.

Are you sure it's not just highlighting the lines and arcs? There's a difference between autocursor and auto highlight.

Either way, I'm glad you got it.

Thad