Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Visibility solutions?

gargodude

Just now got X2 (level 1) installed. Been running v9.1 previously. (yeah, I know, what too you so long?) I typically open SolidWorks files and work with their existing geometry. In v9.1, I ran a C-hook called "sortiges", which separated the entity types onto different layers so you could turn off the surfaces and see only lines (green) and arcs (lt. blue). This made entity visibility easy on a black background. I dont see this c-hook in X2, so is there an easy way to do the same type of thing? SolidWorks entities come in all white. Not too easy to see on the light blue background. Tried changing background to black, better, but but still need an easy way to sort out the surfaces and leave just lines and arcs and change their color. Used Quickmask to select all surfaces, lines, arcs, and change their colors in the "attributes", but there has to be a faster way to do this. Any ideas?

Set up your attribute manager so entities are placed on their own layers. Then press apply to existing entities. There is a good VB script on the FTP called cvstart. This will let you name all your layers at the start of mastercam. One less job to do by hand. I was hoping to be able to do the same with antities but attributes ar not parsed to VB..

Use Quickmask to select all wireframe, then Alt+E. This will leave only wireframe on the screen. Now window all, right click the color button, select your color and OK. Alt+E will put everything back on the screen. Do the same for other entity types. You can also change levels the same way. Alt+E is your friend. biggrin.gif

Welcome to the forum! cheers.gif

Thad

Under configuration, choose CAD then check element attribute manager is aktiv. Config your attribute manager, and save the config. Then when you next run, the attribute manager will have all your attributes setup. You just have to import your soliwork file and press apply to existing entities.