Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Strategy Help

Kevin Goddard

I have a part (actually a family of parts) that is killing me. I posted this part on the FTP site HID2.562. It is difficult for me to explain but here goes. I am using flowline to plunge out a constantly changing radius tapered wall(?). We have a solid of the finished part created in Solidworks. The raw material is bar stock with a hole in it. I am having trouble with the tool that is plunging not retracting high enough and gouging on certain sections. I am not sure I am even going about this in the proper manner and I would greatly appreciate someone looking at my stratagy and maybe help point me in the right direction. I am basically self taught and surfacing is new to me.

Hi all, to help Kevin with this part, download it than change the p/n to HID2_562.mc8 or something similar, now it can be read into Mcam ver 8.

BerTau- rolleyes.gif

Kevin - be careful with 'dots' in file name, there should be only one -- ***.mc8

[ 03-14-2002, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: BerTau ]

Good morning Kevin,

I put another approach to your job on the FTP site 'HID2_562_BT.mc8' I created a surf at the bottom of the pocket and untrimmed the outer cylinder surf in order to use 'surface-rough-pocket' toolpath.

It needs to be refined to your requirements.

BerTau

Kevin,

BerTau has some good suggestions. You may want to swap the Feed and Retract values on your original toolpaths. That will most likely prevent the gouging between your toolpaths. The Rough Radial toolpath could be used if you had a certain direction in mind. In all surface toolpaths, you can limit the toolpath by depths and 2D geometry, without creating extra surfaces. You can also limit the Radial path to a 90 (X < 360) deg. sweep and start the toolpath a specified distance from the radial point. HTH biggrin.gif