Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solidworks 2007

Matthew

I import SW2007 into X2 all day.

Are you getting a "no inforation parasolid error"?

There is a way to reregister the .dll, a seacrh on the forum should turn it up, I can't describe exact enough to post it now.

Here's the thread that describes how to reregister

Linky

I'm using X MR2 at the moment. I get the error cannot find parasolid data in Solidworks file. I tried your link John and registered the solidworks dll. That didn't solve the problem. Also described in the link is to unregister and then re-register using the Mastercam X utility in the control panel. Clicking on this utility gives me the error "LastInstalledVersion" key is missing and "Cannot access application key".

Maybe I'll try installing X2. X MR2 is just working so well for me (programming, posting etc, except for importing these SW2007 files) that I don't want to mess things up.

Do these patches work for design Lt also.I cannot get the control panel method to re register the dll file.It keeps telling me "error opening registry" I'm running winxp professional sp2 and I am a member of the admin group!!

Did you try Pete's "method #1" (not using the Control Panel Applet) ?

quote:

1)Using the DOS window, go to the CommonSWorksData sub-folder of your MR2 install and type...

regsvr32 swdocumentmgr.dll

To do this...

In Windows, click Start, then Run and enter cmd as the command.

This will start a 'DOS' command window.

Now type these commands...

cd McamX2commonsworksdata [ENTER]

You should be left at this command prompt (of course your drive:mcamx path may be different) ->

C:McamX2commonsworksdata>

Now enter this command to UnRegister the DLL ->

regsvr32 /u swdocumentmgr.dll [ENTER]

Now enter this command to Register the DLL ->

regsvr32 swdocumentmgr.dll [ENTER]

I have tried repeatedly to re register that dll by both methods to no avail.When I try to do it through dos,it tells me that regsvr32 is not recognized as a legit command.And using the applet results in an error that says,can't open registry.

Here's what the syntax looks like,keep in mind that I am a total rookie when it comes to using "dos"

D:Mcamx-MR2-DesignLTcommonsworksdata>regsvr32/u swdocumentmgr.dll

'regsvr32' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

The fact that it is Design-LT makes no difference.

The immediate issue is that your Windows doesn't know where RegSvr32.exe is - which is a bit strange.

So you'll need to tell Windows where it is.

Like I said before it is usually located in the WindowsSystem32 folder

Try this command (of course this is all on one line) ->

C:WindowsSystem32Regsvr32.exe /u D:Mcamx-MR2-DesignLTcommonsworksdataswdocumentmgr.dll

and then do it again without the '/u' parameter (to register the DLL).

It your system still claims it doesn't recognize Regsvr32.exe, do a Search for it.

Start - Search - Find File or Folders and have the Search function scan for Regsvr32.exe on the drive that your Windows is installed on.

Okay,guys,here it is in a nutshell.I had X Demo loaded as well as DesignLT-MR2,the app;et in the control panel would not work until I removed XDemo from my pc! As soon as I did that,the applet was able to re register the swdocumentmgr.dll!! Also,upon further research on the Mastercam home page,it appears that DesignLT will not convert Solidworks 2007 files.

-----

".....it appears that DesignLT will not convert Solidworks 2007 files...."

-----

You can't import them as solids, but you can import them as trimmed surfaces. The chart on the website which compares Design & Design LT says...

"Read native Autocad, SolidWorks, Solid Edge files (Will bring files in as surfaces unless the Solids option is present.)"

http://www.mastercam.com/Products/Design/Default.aspx

This is misleading, since "Design" will now bring in Solids even without having Solids licensed, but "Design LT" does indeed bring them in as surfaces.

And none of this explains the strangeness you were having with RegSvr32. I still don't understand what was going on there...

I'm sorry,I did'nt mean to mislead anyone,I should have said,can't convert them to solids. I'm still getting the same error bringing in an sldprt file even after re registering the dll."Cannot find parasolids data in solidworks file".As far as the regsvr32 problem,once I put in the datapath to the regsvr32.exe,I was able to register the dll file. Do I need to manually set the parameters so that a solidworks file will be converted to surfaces or will that happen automatically? Also,when we purchased designlt,we were not aware that it had a solids option.Or do you mean that the pc has a solds enabled product installed on it?I have mill9 solids on the same pc,will that work or does it have to be a version 10 product?

Design LT does not have a Solids option, since it doesn't use a HASP hardware key. None of our addons are available.

I guess that's misleading too - gosh darn those marketing folks!

I'm scratching my head trying to remember when SW 2007 support was added. I believe (contrary to what dvaliket says) that it wasn't supported until X2.

If you want to send me ([email protected]) one of your SLDPRTs, I'll take a look at it here and tell you specfically why there's a problem.

Or, if you're on Maintenance, you should consider updating to X2...