Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

M0 problem-Ver. 8 to Ver. 9

Smit

Hi all,

Yesterday I updated my V8 posts to V9 (updatepst9)

Everything looked OK, until I tried to add an M0 with a forced tool change with multiple depth cuts. In version 9 the post added program stops and tool changes in between each depth cut and each chain. 2 chains, 3 depth cuts, 6 program stops and tool changes. The same program posted fine in V8. The program stop is from Misc Values MI10, the forced tool change in the change NCI forced tool change check box. If somebody knows how to correct this I would much appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance,

Larry

P.S. I've already installed the post executable update MPV902.exe

[ 03-14-2002, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Larry Smith ]

Larry,

The problem may be with force toolchange. It looks like in V9 it replaces the null toolchange between depth cuts with an actual toolchange, while in V8 it only forced the tool change between operations. It sounds like a bug and I will get it logged for you.

In the meantime you may want to look for another method to accomplish what you are trying to do. You can always try canned text or even adding some logic to the ptoolend postblock to trap this case. If you are uncomfortable with either of these topics I suggest you contact your Local Mastercam Dealer for support.

I'm assuming that the problem is now known and a fix is coming. I'm not a post wizard so what is most time efficient for me is to use V8 for jobs that require program stops until the fix is in for V9. Maybe soon no post work will be necessary.

Thanks for looking in to this.

Larry

Larry,

I would suggest working around it in the post so that you can still take advantage of V9. When the fix is made a patch or app will need to become available which can take some time.

You can always do what Dave suggested. Don't use force toolchange in MC, but instead incorporate the tool change code into the post. That way when you use MI10 you can call this toolchange code also.

Depending on your post you can use the ptoolend postblock or the ptlchg1002 postblock. The ptoolend postblock is called prior to the next tool change (nul or actual) being called. This means you still have all values related to the current toolpath. The ptlchg1002 postblock is used a little differentl based on your tlchng_aft flag. If you need help with these modifications contact your reseller first.