Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Points 2 CSV File Utility

Bullines

quote:

Poll Information

This poll contains 1 question(s). 15 user(s) have voted.

You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

BTW, I did NOT vote and I could view the the results. Even though in your post it says that I may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Is that like a "mother may I" thing? tongue.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

[ 03-15-2002, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Mark H ]

quote:

Not to be stupid er anything, but why would you want to do this?

Mike you asked Why??

Sometimes there are situations weres you only need the point data in a user defind order file/print out for inspection purposes.Also point data to hand out to the operator at the machine for a quicky short hand written program biggrin.gif Let mastercam do your trig & output the results in a file & print out form & hand it out to those boring mill & bridge port operators !!! really speeds things up for them biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif They like to double check there math with it.

I currently use and Autocad "lisp" program to do this. Its really the coolest thing to have.

And as a contract programmer some customers just want the point data cause there pig headed about cadcam programming & still want to program every thing at the machine rolleyes.gif

The uses for this proposed C-hook would be endless

Kenneth Potter

I recently met a guy who worked for a shop that did just that, program everything at the machine. They were making aircraft parts like gimbles and stuff for helicopters. He said that they would write all their programs at the machine and get it pretty close to what he wanted, then send the program up to the engineers who would "streamline" the programs and then he would run them. For some reason the company thought that this was the quickest way to get things done. I told him that I could probably at least tripple their productivity with mastercam ("key word" probably, most likly could do more than that). The company's policy was that ten years down the road, this makes for a better machinist. If you ask me, ten years down the road, this makes you out of buisness. tongue.gif Then again these guys were also machining berrilium which is a low level radioactive metal and not informing their employees about this telling them it was a derivative of copper or something like that. Now he's got a berrilium infection on the back of his scalp that will probably be there for life and can't work there any more bacause of it. And somehow he missed the boat on the lawsuit...........

frown.gif

I wrote a macro for our controls that does something similar. Basically you clock up a hole in the job - press cycle start - and it sends the co-ords out the RS232 port. very handy for duplicating hole patterns etc. I know its not the same but it just reminded me.

Dave.