Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

V9 toolpath problem

Die Sinker

To All- This afternoon I did a pocket surface project toolpath in a simple vee cavity and the cutter literally bounces. Many, many Z moves. Never had this problem in V8.1.1. I am wondering if this has to do with the filter settings? The filter dialog box shows arcs to XY, XZ and YZ. Also shows one-way filter. Anyone used this?

Gary Armitstead

Santa Fe Enterprises

El Monte, CA

quote:

To All- This afternoon I did a pocket surface project toolpath in a simple vee cavity and the cutter literally bounces. Many, many Z moves. Never had this problem in V8.1.1. I am wondering if this has to do with the filter settings? The filter dialog box shows arcs to XY, XZ and YZ. Also shows one-way filter. Anyone used this?

Same here for me,simple contour, projected on a ruled surface,cutter control is lost to a zigzag motion that I didn't program.I used follow surface ,it made it better but it still isn't the up to the quality that I got in version 2.This is a main staple program(M.C. feature) for me please help.

[ 03-15-2002, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

Glenn- I tried to download from cadcam.com (FTP) and it froze Internet Explorer with a timeout. Considering the number of replies to this problem, it would seem that Mastercam would have the patch (appmch90.mpk) readily available to all users of V9 on their site. This is a toolpath used by many moldmakers and die sinkers-used very often in my case. Any more suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Gary Armitstead

Santa Fe Enterprises

Burbank, CA