Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HURCO VM1

Dave-Newcastle

Hi all.

Question, can a mastercam post be configured to allow 3d arc filtering on a hurco without the ISNC option? I have searched forum and can only find ISNC based topics relating to arc filtering. Any help from hurco users would be greatly appreciated. (or anyone else "in the know"!!!)

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

Kunfuzed,

On hurcos (Basic NC) if arc filter is on they have been known to take the long route to the endpoint of an arc usually in xz, or yz so 5" rad in one of these planes ends up with the spindle moving down through the part acrossed back up and acrossed to the desired endpoint... this move almost always ends with a broken tool and axis overload.

The loop is caused by the way Hurco has there home position set to a different corner then everyone else. Not sure but I think this is what we had to change to get it to work.

Set the swg18 variable to 1 for Boss's left handed coordinate system

# on G18 plane - G17 and G19 have a right handed coodinate system. This will

# cause G2 to be outout as G3 and G3 to be output as G2 only when G18 encountered.

Carl is right. Make sure you save an original copy of the post first. We use MPHUR.PST here which is included. Actually I think we installed it in ver9 and upgraded the post version to X. So that's no help if you're starting at X. The reseller (hollow be his name) was no help at all. Only the good ole boys at CNC came through for us.

The result: no maintenance - no upgrade - no sorry!

That whole YZ plane thing affects more than Hurcos. It's a european thing, kinda like how they view their drawing I guess: backwards.

The salesman said to use Industrial Standard but I've always used Basic. Had to tweek the post to get rid of the G75 at the start and only later ran into the loop de loop. Better than Pepe le Pieu!

I haven't had any problems losing TLOs but we're using a VMX Hurco machine model. The night guy uses conversational all the time. We just try to use different tool #s so as not to overwrite them.

If you need line numbers for changes I've made to the post drop me a line...

Where do I put "swg18 variable"

In here?

“# ---------------------------------------------

# Select work plane G code

sg17 G17 # XY plane code

sg19 G19 # XZ plane code

sg18 G18 # YZ plane code

sgplane # Target string

fstrsel sg17 plane$ sgplane 3 -1

# -----------------------------------------------

It never really bothered me As the only time I get the Loop is when I have a .0002 stepover

and the arc filter set to less then .001

But maybe its time to Iron this out....

(Martin your email bounces on me)?

[ 03-23-2007, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Tony_Microplastics ]

Martin

Here is the error I get over and over.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: MC Hurco

Sent: 3/26/2007 8:57 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

[email protected] on 3/26/2007 8:57 AM

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.

mp-exch1.Microplastics.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-69.7.200.66 blocked by ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=worldnet,dc=att,dc=net

No biggie,Some day I'll start fresh with the latest MPHUR post

Thanks

Tony

[ 03-26-2007, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Tony_Microplastics ]