Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MAN READABLE COMMENTS, AND M00

Larry1958

I am having a problem trying to enter a program stop and output a comment for the operator to move clamps. I am using manual entry toolpath and setting dialog to NCI output "as code" but am still getting my (M00) as comment. I can edit the () out but if I forget then the tool may crash into a clamp. Any suggestions???

I had this problem using an older post. The As code button did not make a difference. Are you running Version X?

Are you using an older version post that you updated?

If so, You need to edit your post to look like this:

pcomment2 #Comment from manual entry

scomm$ = ucase (scomm$)

if gcode$ = 1006, scomm$, E$

else, "(", scomm$, ")", e$

And of course, Make sure the "as code" box is checked! biggrin.gif

Michael,

I am using X2, and yes it is a old post converted. I checked the post it is as follows

pcomment$ #Comment from manual entry (must call pcomment2 if booleans)

pcomment2

pcomment2 #Comment from manual entry

scomm$ = ucase (scomm$)

if gcode$ = 1007, n$, "(", scomm$, ")"

else, n$, "(", scomm$, ")", e$

I changed 1007 to 1006 as you have in yours and still get the same results.

Be very careful Larry.

If you change it so anything besides 1007 (which is what you have done) gets output as code, then your tool comments will not come out with the paraenthesis around them.

Do what Spade said, Change the 1007 to 1006, and leave the rest of the comments with the paraenthesis.

When you write a Manual Entry toolpath, be sure to enable the "As Code" option (this changes the NCI output from 1005 to 1006).

Good luck,

Larry,

Why not use MI's? I have customized a whole heap of them to output at certain locations when I turn them on (using 1, 2 or whatever number you want). You can get really specific with their placement as well. If you run out of MI's you can double up.

I can't remember the exact syntax since I am at home, but something like this;

IF MI1 = 1, "MOO"

IF MI1 = 2, "M00 (CHANGE CLAMPS)"

IF MI1 = 3, "M01 (YOU JUST MACHINED THE CLAMP)"

Or something of the similar. Again, you could assign each to a different MI until you use them all up.

Very useful. Personally I find it more useful then manual entry (although that has a few cases of use too...)

JM2C

quote:

MI's:

Very useful. Personally I find it more useful then manual entry (although that has a few cases of use too...)

My PLUS for the Manual Entry is that you can see them in the toolpath-manager, the MI's are hidden in the prameters.