Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS

Wise-ACR

I two vices on my machine G54 and G55. I copied my original toolpath (G54)Then went into view manager and copied the top view and set my work offset to 1 and changed the tool plane. But the toolpath is still backplotting in my original G54-first vice. I have looked at the tutorials and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

You are getting this because the is no distance set to where your G55 will be.

When usings xform >> translate if you set a distance to the second vise you'll see it verify in that position.

If only for verify yes, but if you leave that way, then you'll need to set your 2nd vise at that position.

You can also use planes or secondary WCS to do it, couple of ways really

acr1234

If the vises are diff even the height etc. But the program is the same it is simple copy the toolpath that you want for G55 and on the parameters>planes dialog change the offset #. You will get the same code but with G55 instead of G54 the rest is done by setting the offsets correctly at the machine. Or if you are using one tool or don't mind the extra tool changes you can copy all Toolpaths and change common parameteters for the second group. I agree with you that changing the origin could be bad that is why you just change the offset.

I think he should still be able to do what he wants. What if the G55 distance is something that is part of the fixture, not two vises?

acr, could you put the file on the ftp. I think you should be able to do what you want. I made two rectangles and made to different tplanes then countoured them one with 54 other with 55 and it seemed to do what you what. Your not talking about verify are you? In that case I think you would have to verify them individually, and set stock for each one.

EDIT: Translate or tplane, whichever - if I don't see my g55 being backplotted in the right place, that tells me that I must have down something wrong, and it probably won't post out a work offset change.

Jerry if you used the WCS to locate the other part as your G55 is will backplot in the both locations correctly.

As for Varify like waht was stated it does not no the distance just a off set or I call them a diffrent datum.So if your Stock does not cover both locations then it will show in the same place.

I'm with cascadeclimber on the translating option, if it is the same toolpath. But either way, I believe he should be able to visually see his G55 going to the right place, whether he translated it or set up a new Tplane. I don't just want to blindly assume I translated it right.