Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help with Fanuc O-MD control

within a thou

Selection of tool length offset

Select tool length offset A, B, or C by setting bit 6 of parameter 003 and bit 3 of parameter No. 119.

^ Right before that the manual says...

Tool length offset A

Compensates for the difference in tool length along the Z axis.

Tool length offset B

Compensates for the difference in tool lehgth along the X, Y, or Z axis.

Tool length offset C

Compensates for the difference in tool length along a specified axis.

Format (a chart)-

Tool length offset A - G43 Z_H_

.......................G44 Z_H_

Tool length offset B - G17 G43 Z_H_

.......................G17 G44 Z_H_

.......................G18 G43 Y_H_

.......................G18 G44 Y_H_

.......................G19 G43 X_H_

.......................G19 G44 X_H_

Tool length offset C - G43 a_H_

.......................G44 a_H_

^ the "a" is actually an alpha symbol.

Tool length offset cancel - G49; or H0;

- I don't know squat about parameters. My VMC is good to me. I just touch off each bit off using a 123 block, compensate for the stock depth, and away I go. I know G code quite well (we all do in here). Sorry, but the higher end tech stuff is better explained by others in here.

Hope some of this helps. Greek to me. biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the help doyleg that worked like a charm. Finally starting to get this mchine to where I need it to be just a pain when ya don;t have any literature to reference. This is a old controller on this machine 7 years so I am just in the process of creating all the macros and other fun stuff so it can keep up with the new kids on the block. Thanks again enjoy your weekend.

not a big deal when you are the one programming and operating but when you are sending someone else a program sort of sucks for the operator.

So my next problem is on my offset page displays my relative co ordinates which wouldn't be that big of a deal except I can;t imput a value into my relative I can only Z it so the operator has to keep flipping back between pages to see the absolute value and then input that number into the offset page manually instead of being able to EOB then axis.. Is there a paramter to change this?

I am more worried about the Z and I am only worried about it because I can;t input a value into my relative and I don't have value input +/- like some of the newer ones have I could use a machine shift but would like to use that for fine adjustments and to make sure my operator doesn;t forget to reset it back before he swaps tools turning everything into a mess

for your offset page,

if you want to put #'s in incrementally , say to adjust your offsets without a calculator, parameter #1 bit 4 = 0

0001 ***0****

to put #'s in absolutely, need calculator or paper if just adjusting offset,

parameter #1 bit 4 = 1

0001 ***1****

is this what your looking for?

We had several FANUC 0 controls in our shop all with 20 position tool changers. We set the default in Mastercam to add 20 for the diameter number to the tool number and ran them like crazy. Just a real pain then if you get controls that can use the same number for both to keep head straight when going from 1 machine to another.

that's the beauty of X. with the control and machine def's it's just a matter of telling it which machine will run it. if you need to pgm it for 2 dif machines because you don't know where it will run, then just change the pgm name so that you can tell which pgm is for which mach. or better yet keep all the pgm's for one machine in a seperate folder for that machine.