Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

post G17 G18 G19

kkominiarek

I am machining a complex layup mold. I'm using a Cincinnati Sabre vert mill machine with an Acramatic 2100 control. There are G17 G18 G19 moves all over this program. In the past I never had any posting problems. Now I'm getting axis errors after tool changes.

Right now my post does not put a G17 at tool changes. If the program is in G18 before a tool change it will still be in a G18 mode after the tool change.( unless a G17 or G19 is needed then the program updates to the correct mode)

Do I need to put a G17 at all tool changes in the post?

If the answer is yes.... and I'm in a G19 mode before a tool change and after the tool change the next tool also needs to be in G19 will the program update itself or will the G17 cancel the G19?

Hi,

I had the same when start to work with A2100 control with 3D machining.

I simple put sgplane as mentioned Russell to

pzrapid # Linear movement in Z axis only - at rapid feedrate

n, sgcode, sgplane, z

because I use

nobrk: no

at any movement between points for tool change will switch plane from G18 or G19 to G17