Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MITSU WIRE POST FX10K

Oppiz

OPPIZ,

The changes required depend on your post. The Wire offsets variable is OFFSET, but the wire diameter variables are tldia or tlrad.

I can't tell you exactly how to do it wihtout seeing your post. I suggest contacting your local Mastercam Reseller with this request and make sure to provide them with your post and an example of the changes you want to make.

Jim

OPPIZ,

I'm going to assume you are using the MPWMTS-F post from the release. IF you are using this post, then this post uses a different methoid for toolchanges (passes) than the MPWFANUC does.

This post uses the PSTARTPSOFA (Start of file pass) and PSTARTPOSA (toolchange passes) to control which output postblocks to call. These postblocks make the call to the correct output postblock depending on the situation sp things like CUT/Thread codes, G92 output and condition codes can be output. This is probably whree you really want to add your code. You can still put it in the PSOF and PTLCHG postblock, but these postblocks will call the ones mentioned earlier for output.

With that said, if you want the offset registry value (H1, H2, etc..) then you should be using the OFFSET variable. IF you want the Wire diameter you need to use TLDIA or TLRAD for the wire radius.

When I performa test of the output variables in the PSOF and PTLCHG they seem to be coming out okay.

What version of Mastercam are you using and what is the exact name of the post you are using?

OPPIZ,

This is happening because the TLRAD variable is not formatted for output. Anytime you use a variable that hasn't been formatted (with an FMT statement), then MP will apply Formtat Statement 1 (fs 1) for numerical format and output with the Name of the variable as a prefix.

IF you add a FMT statement similar to below it will fix the problem.

fmt 10 tlrad # XY part plane

FMT is the function name, 10 is the format statement (FS) number that will be used to format the numerical output, and then the variable name. IF you need a prefix address with it, then it would look something like this:

fmt T 10 xyheight # XY part plane

Where T would prefix the numerical data on output.

I stil suggest contacting your local Mastercam reseller for help. He may also be able to give you some Post Training.