Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Boeing D6-51991 Templates and Set-Up

crazy^millman

What are some of you using for your DPD/MBD shop aids. I have used different ones in the past at different places, but need to design a common template for our shop prints, set-up sheets, operation sheets, inspection sheets and was wondering what some of yours looked like and what your thoughts on this are. I got a few templates off the web and from Autocad, but trying to cover all the requirements of D6-51991. However trying not create tons work since there was nothing like it place in the past. The owners want to be ready for audit today, but the representative that came out felt like it would be a year and was willing to come back in 6 weeks for a preliminary audit. Our files were a mess and now they are better, but not where they need to be. Our Shop books are pretty good, but will all need to be redone to meet the requirements for Boeing. We are AS9100_20004Revb approved so we have systems in place, just not to the level Boeing needs.

I see it as a doable and working on the Digital Product Definition Quality Assurance Plan. I have my ideas of what we need to do and have seen a lot of the good ways and bad ways this has been done. I would like to hear what some of your thoughts on this might be.

What was the time frame it took to get this implemented?

What do you do for the administrator is it the Cad/Cam guy or is it someone else?

Do you have to make all the inspection prints for inspection in the Cad/Cam department or does your quality department handle it?

What type of increase of work did you see by taking the time and effort to change and be compliant with this specification?

Thanks in advance for ideas, suggestion or comments and are all takers are welcome.

Ron

quote:

What do you do for the administrator is it the Cad/Cam guy or is it someone else?

Ron, our administrator here is our QC director, and that is the way I think it should be as D6-51991 is a quality document.

Now, saying that, I am in charge of all things data for this project.

Most of the DPD hurdles(for me)are the security, derivitives, exchange models, and such. A lot of what I have done is taken care of though directory rights (security), naming conventions etc..

We DO use catia here, and that makes much of it easier, adding naming conventions to derivitives used in MC.

Control of measuring equipment and Inspection media are handled by our QA dept.

HTH