Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak Chook

Mark H

Has anyone used the Mazak Chook from Camaix? http://camaix.com/English/Mazak/mazak.htm What is it all about, is the editor any good? I went to their site and downloaded the demo version of the software and the codes. But when I went to run it, it tells me the codes are no good. I emailed them, and I am waiting a response. Any info about this product would be appreciated.

I'm also looking into Griffo Bros Camlink software http://www.griffobros.com/ as well as Mazak's Camware http://www.mazak.com/camware.htm . Has anybody used these products, any good?

I have used the Mazak chook and was quite impressed, looks very much like the Mazak screen. The post processor does program things a bit long winded, I,E a simple drille hole is programmed as 2 units. 1 the centre dril, then another for the drill. I have also tried to download the 30 day codes for their multixpost, but something is not working right with it, I am also waiting for a reply from camaix. It is now 10 days since I emailed them the first time. I have emailed them several times since but to no avail. It is worth persevering with the Mazak post. Hope this helps.

We have tested the post with a few different types of controllers and it works fairly well. We are actually testing it out right now with a Mazak PC Fusion and there is a little twicking still needed.

The editor reads in well codes from the controller and edits fine. Very nice tie in with Mastercam, I recommend it smile.gif

Luc

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Go with the Camaix C-Hook. I used to work for the local Mastercam reseller and I went into a shop with 5-6 Mazaks (with 3-4 different controls), Lathes and Mills. I was able to communicate with every single one of them sent it good Mazatrol code. It's a little pricey but IMHO well worth it. Plus you get the Mastercam front end. You don't get that with Griffo Bros.

JM2C

Thats it James? I figured you would comment on not using anything but Mastercam for all programming... wink.gif

But seriously, thanks for your input.

And if anyone else has any comments on this software, I'm all ears.

[ 03-28-2002, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Mark H ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Well Mazaks are special beasts and ISO (G-Code) is often an option so If you absolutely HAVE to use the Mazatrol, then CAMAIX is the $#!+ It doesn not quite suport everything you can do with Mazatrol's special cycles but it'll get you close enough to do all but the most radical stuff.

quote:

Thats it James? I figured you would comment on not using anything but Mastercam for all programming...

That's me........ a Mastercam Zealot to the death!!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

"Give me Mastercam or give me Death!!!" LOL biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif j/k