Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

strange happenings in pocketing toolpaths???

Bob W.

When I run pocketing toolpaths there is some wierd stuff going on between the roughing and finishing passes. When the tool lifts after the roughing pass it rapids off into BFE, then comes right back (at rapid), feeds down, and machines the finishing pass. Anyone else run accross this? It is a little unnerving to have my raching rapiding around to strange locations when I haven't told it to do so.

This does show up in the verify simulation as well and it has happened on several occasions.

Thanks,

Bob

I believe it has something to do with the 'keep tool down' selection because when that is not checked it hasn't been an issue. Even with that selected it does NOT keep the tool down. It lifts it and rapids to strange locations and back again :-)

Bob

I have been using pocket a lot recently and had this happen one time. (X2_MR1_SP1)

I sent it in and got a bug number back.

I did not find a workaround for that particular pocket and edited the gcode by hand to finish the program.