Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Duplicate Operations

Wise-ACR

Pete,

I understand and agree with your position, but some of the problems you can not just retrace your steps and reproduce and seem to be quite common. I have a hard time believing someone testing the software has not had some of these problems and inherently resolved them before release. This senario is not new and it seems at times it is a case of "it didn't happen to me or I didn't see it happen, so it must not exist or it must be operator error".

I realize that software does have it's bugs and these at times are not easily identefiable. If I don't know what the exact problem is when something goes wrong and it is not easily duplicatable, after a time of dealing with the problem you start to develop patterns and are able to point your finger in a certain direction in an effort to identify the problem area not just a particular problem. There may be no association but to me the OP manager seems to have issues at times and not knowing how far these problems branch at times.

I think it is safe to assume no one here is expecting perfection, but what is expected is a reasonable amount of predictablity and for the most part the software is with some exceptions.

Keith,

Thanks. I just needed to let you guys know that its not only Mastercam USERS who are frustrated at times...

Don,

Regarding canned cycles, I've not been involved in any of that decision making, so I won't even hazard a guess so as not to step on the toes of someone here. Sorry.

------Is it the weekend yet????-------

Pete,

My transform operation is a follow under type an methods I have translate,tool plane, create new ops and keep this transform operation and assign new offsets/on the translate page I have between points steps 8 and from copy of top view to top view.

Regarding the griping issue. I agree with Keith, and I love this product,so much so that I have my own seat,and pay my own maintenance. I have also helped CAD-CAD solutions sell seats for any company that I have worked with. The issue I have is that I should not have to find out these issues "by accident". I have used Hypermill and Delcam and they also have similar problems,probably many more that Mastercam,in fact I worked for one of the aboves companies so I am well aware of these issues,but at least they inform thier customers of bugs etc.

I repeat Mastercam is probably one of the best allround CAM systems out there- all I am asking for is to be informed.