Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS

Jeff2005

I have been having trouble again with the work coodinate system, for some reason it is posting out a g54.1 p12 and I don't know why. I have had this problem before and what I did last time to fix it, it's not working this time. Can someone please help me.

thanks,

Jeff

Does it always post out G54.1 P12 for every tool change? Or have you set a new wcs and it is outputting this instead of a given value that you want?

The first thought would be that it's hardcoded to G54.1 P12 if it's consistant. With the second, it's possible your G54 callout section is messed up and giving you the wrong numbers.

This is my PWCS setion from a lathe post, I think mills are the same. See if yours is similar or totally different.

HTH

code:

pwcs            #G54+ coordinate setting at toolchange

if home_type >= one,

[

sav_frc_wcs = force_wcs

if sub_level$, force_wcs = zero

if workofs$ <> prv_workofs$ | (force_wcs & toolchng),

[

if sub_level$, result = mprint(swrkserror)

if workofs$ < 6,

[

g_wcs = workofs$ + 54

*g_wcs

]

else,

[

p_wcs = workofs$ - five

"G54.1", *p_wcs

]

]

force_wcs = sav_frc_wcs

!workofs$

]

I'm sure I have done something wrong I don't ususally change anything without knowing for sure what I did. It is possible I did it and didn't realize it. I will look at my post and see if I reconize any changes. I haven't been in the post file.

thanks,

quote:

it is posting out a g54.1 p12

If you go into your planes dialog, where it says work offset, what value do you have listed there?

And what work offset are you trying to output?

This is my post area:

pwcs #G54+ coordinate setting at toolchange

if wcstype = two | wcstype > three,

[

sav_frc_wcs = force_wcs

if sub_level$, force_wcs = zero

if sav_mi9 = 1, workofs$ = sav_workofs

if workofs$ < 0, workofs$ = 0

if workofs$ <> prv_workofs$ | (force_wcs & toolchng),

[

if workofs$ < 6,

[

g_wcs = workofs$ + 54

*g_wcs

]

else,

[

p_wcs = workofs$ - five

"G54.1", *p_wcs

]

]

force_wcs = sav_frc_wcs

!workofs$

]

-1 will get you the next available offset what that may be.

If none are used you'll generally get a G54

you can hard set them

0 = G54

1 = G55

2 = G56

and so on.

Now if you double check in your view manager, check the plane you are programming on, if there is a work offset value set there it overrides the planes offset

In your planes box, work offset set it to "0"

BTW, this really is only a fix, something, likely in your settings is causing the bad output, you really need to track that down.

But the setting will get you through for the moment.

Talk to your reseller about changing your post. I had my 3 axis posts set up to output all G54 no matter what. Don't have to worry about any settings. My 5 axis post is set to output G55 always. These are the only work offset #'s we use so we have them hard wired into out posts. Works great, one less thing for the programer has to worry about.

cheers.gif

Note: We don't do multiple set ups on 1 machine. If there is a multiple set up the operator takes care of it. We don't run production, it's all tooling (one off parts).