Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

RE: Plunge in Conotur

Leith

I know what you are trying to do and I don't know how to do it in one operation. You need a new op for each contour reversal, but after the first two ops you can drag and copy after in the op manager, then go in and set yor stock to leave. It's still faster than doing it in conversational.......

Maybe one of you gurus know a way around. I did this often and on a contour that starts and ends 2 1/2 meters away it saved bunches of time. Rapid moves on a LARGE machine in my opinion should be kept to a minimum. PDG- maybe a "cut both directions" sub menu when "keep tool down" is selected?

Chain your contour twice---> chain 1 direction a to b

chain 2 direction b to a

& once again use your toolpath editor to get your desired plunge feedrate & rapid point results

Its really eazy to use. Also the system will lock that toolpath in so you cant regen out your tool path edit. I have found that mastering the tool path editor will solve a lot of your problems & can make for a real smart running program once you post it out. The tool path editor allow the users to tweek out or in what ever suits your current machining situation.

Cheers

[ 03-30-2002, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Kenneth Potter ]