Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

verification software

RObert TImby

what's wrong with vericut? it's good enough for the jsf. want to use cimco? they have something I think.

when I was learning vericut I brought up metacut to my boss when he quizzed me on previous experience with verification software. He says, "medacut? sounds like you're puttin a bandaid on your $*&*!". Ha! he cracks me up!

If you are looking for verification software you need to check out CGTech's Vericut and Predator's Virtual CNC. Both do 5x.

We ( CIMCO ) do support 4x/5x with our wireframe backplotter in Edit 5. However, you would need to d/l and try it out for your machine/control type to see if it is supported. Not a substitution for true 5x verification, but worth checking out. Good luck.

quote:

My boss does not vericut but some thing else

Your boss is right out of the gate shutting down what is probably considered the BEST package out there to do what you need?

quote:

I've always wondered how someone can spend 100k+ on a 5 axis machine, then bock at spending 20k on verification software.

Easy, they don't factor it into the quote for the machine and then when they realize to late that they "really" need the package or risk a VERY costly error, they have to cheap it out because they can't get the company to part with another big nut for the cost of the software and training after the machine, the tool holding and tools and in many cases the probes or lasers.

It should have been sold with the machine quote as necessary, you cannot have one without great risk and cost to the other.

"Somebody" made a big boo boo and is trying to perform some major CYA on the cheap.