Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

a moves giving me errors

DaveR

So I had my indexer on the table for a while (2006 Haas vf-2) and recently took it off and disbled it in the control.

Prior I would have no problems running a program with an A0 move (as my Haas post outputs) even with no indexer on there. No since I removed it I get errors if the control reads an A move.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Dave

quote:

No since I removed it I get errors if the control reads an A move.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Your control is not seeing what it needs to be able to use the A command so it is causing the error.

You could go into your control def and disable the A, then it will not post out the A moves or just set up another post in your control def and in the post turn off the rotary. The when you don't have the indexer mounted you can use the other post an not get any A motion output.

The standard Haas 4 axis post.

Funny that my machine did not used to care, until I hooked up the A axis and then shut it off.

If I turn on the indexer without it hooked up and try to reset I get an error that it does not get a servo signal or something to that effect.

I'll just set up another post. Thanks for the help guys.

Dave