Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

No tool choice in advanced multiaxis

spinner01453

When I choose advanced multiaxis, I am prompted to enter a new nc name which then adds a new operation group. I am then prompted to select a user interface and when I make a selection, my new operations group disappears with no new screen appearing to make tool choices, etc. I am running X2 SP1 and my video card is an nvidia geforce 7600 gs. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum01453!

A similar thing happens to me. If you accept it, will it leave an op there at all?

If no, I am stumped. I would then guess that this be would be graphics related.

If yes, the missing tool work around that works for me for now it to click on the Tool first and then back out of it and then hit the parameter button to complete your work.

Mike

Thanks for your reply Mike. The op disappears as soon as I accept a user interface and there is no other window visible to access tools and other parameters. I have tried opening the parameters in the op before accepting the user interface but it won't allow me to do this. I have also checked the forum for acceptable video cards and the nvidia geforce cards ( I have the nvidia geforce 7600 gs ) seem to be named as good to use, so I am now at a loss!

quote:

I am running X2 SP1

An upgrade to X2_MR1 would help. These toolpaths

work pretty good in the latest maintenance release.

You might want to check your Confile/Files page

and make sure the paths to your Chook and Apps folders are correct.

These advanced mulitaxis toolpaths are really

chooks and incorrect paths in Config/Files

can cause problems.

• 7 months later...