Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

copy image on screen

Columbo™

Hello,

Is there a better way to copy the screen image to paste on an operation sheet? confused.gif

The way I do it now is I have to change the back ground color to white, then, screen, copy screen image to clipboard, then past to my word perfect operation sheet. bs.gif

The problems are that this repetative step of changing the back ground color from blue/black to white then back and the image that is coppied is of very poor quality after the paste (jagged edges, circles not crisp, etc.) curse.gif

I have also tried the HPGL/2 print to file. Word perfect and Word do NOT accept this format. banghead.gif

The old V9 worked with screen, plot which created a HPGL (t.plt) file. cool.gif

What works or options do I have with Mastercam X2

Thanks

cheers.gif

You can go to File/Print preview (gives you a white background) and then use a software like this (they have a freeware version):

Gadwin Printscreen

to capture any size image you want and paste it into a word document, or whatever else. We make Hardcopies of every setup straight from Mastercam so it's fits in pretty good with a couple extra steps with what we have to do anyways.

rtfaq.gif

RMB = Right Mouse Button

Too create a toolbar

Settings >> customize >> On the toolbar tab >> customize drop down >> scroll to X+

Drag one icon to the tool bar area, then drag the rest one by one.

After you drag the first one you will get a new toolbar named "New Toolbar" you can right click on it and rename it. then you will have an X+ toolbar

In Mastercam if you select File/Print Preview, it will show however you wish to set it up. Black/White, color, shaded or not.

Gadwin Printscreen will capture whatever is on your monitor. It has a Window to drag to select any size rectangle you desire. It saves the captured image as a Jpeg, BMP, or a number of other image files. You can then paste the image onto a Word document.

Thanks for the SetupX+X2MR1

MUCH APPRECIATED!!

It works pretty cool but it still has the same quality as the clipboard. (jagged edges and circles that are not crisp). I tried it both in clipboard mode and x.png file with similar results.

Is there something out there that works like the screen plot in V9 that created the t.plt file after it was scaled to your liking.

Thanks

cheers.gif

you can use screen / copy screen image to clipboard.

then paste it into word document. don't pay any attention to background color. there is "set transparent color" option in Microsoft word & excel.

I always use it.

Lev

Westwood precision Inc.