Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drafting with Tolerances

Morning everybody,

I have been doing a fair bit of fixture design lately within MC and have been having trouble with the dimensioning output.

What I have not been able to get correctly done is a tolerance box. So when I dimension my drawing I print it and then write in the tolerances. How can I add/edit a tolerance?

Typically what I Am looking for (for example) is to put on my drawing -.002 or something like that...

Thanks!

randy,if you are wanting to add tolerances to your dimensions,just select +/- in the drafting options under tolerances and type in what you want,to turn it off just click none.not sure if this is what you are asking.

That is what I was looking for, but only in a partial sort of way. It's very...inconvienient to continually be editing the setting of a drafting dimension that way.

I think back to my autocad days when you would dimension something, and then within the same box add a tol. there and it would put the dim with the tolerance on it.

This was is a multi step process that seems kinda..silly. But, if that's what I gots ta do, then that's what I gots ta do.

Thanks guys!

randy, an easy way to edit them is to select anylyze entity properties,i have that on my toolbar,select the dimension,select the 123 and then edit that dimension,note or tolerance.

Randy,

quote:

I think back to my autocad days when you would dimension something, and then within the same box add a tol. there and it would put the dim with the tolerance on it.

You could do the samething in MasterCam too. After pick dim. you type " T " it will bring up "Edit dim text" box for you the you can add whatever you want.

Randy,

Now, I am not sure what you asking for ?

So I assume we have two question:

Q 1. you want to create new Dim and Adding Tol.

Ans: Example if you want to create new horizontal dim. After you pick two end point type "t" or use icon, bring edit text box and then add whatever...

Q 2. You want to edit existing Dim.

Ans: Use "Anylyze entity properties" as per Del. metioned above. for me I use "Smart Dimention" and pick the one I want to edit and type "T"

Note:

t for text

h for high

d for dia