Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

transform toolplane

doyleg

i have used translate toolpaths/toolplanes alot before in X2. Now all of a sudden it is not working. Does anyone else have this problem? I am tranforming only toolplanes. G54 to G55. Keeping both. It will output 2 operations but it doesn't change the work offset. So in essence I am doing the same pc 2x. banghead.gif

I had tried them all. they all gave the exact same program no matter what was checked. I don't remember if i had used this since upgrading to x2 mr1 sp1. I do know that i have used it in X2 before with no probs at all. i even rebooted computer a couple of times to reset everything but it didn't help.

Yep, everything up to date. Thats why it was so puzzling. I use this alot and for it to just stop working i couldn't figure it out. And i didn't shut off computer overnight. i just logged off. when i came in this morning and tried it it worked fine. go figure. headscratch.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Here it is again. The translate toolplane is not working again. I have fought this all morning (2 hrs). I have rebooted computer and everything. It outputs the exact same code every time no matter what i have checked as for a parameter. This is getting to be a major pain. How do you report this as a problem besides here.

I sent in a file to my tech support yesterday with the very same issue. Sometimes it would output the correct offset sometimes not. Here is a workaround he told me "

You should be able to fix it by selecting all your original ops, right-clicking and going to edit selected operations > edit common parameters. Next, check the box next to planes, then set the WCS to TOP and un-check the box next to the work offset. OK out and regen all and you should find that they all post out to the three different work offsets now. "

Let me know if that helps you, I think its a very dangerous bug.

Prob with that is that it won't change the order of the ops that i have selected to transform. I have tried op order and op type and i still get the same exact code. I can edit the work offset in the editor. Pain in the arse but doable. With this i still have to cut and paste all of the ops to put them in ther right order. And i have used this numerous times on jobs running multiple vises. Just don't know why it won't work now.

I sent this in to QC so we'll see what they say on this problem. I think the culprit, at least in the file I looked at yesterday, is that the "work offset" checkbox inside the Planes button was checked for some operations and not checked for others. The operations that had this option checked were ones that weren't posting the offsets properly. For some reason this work offset setting in the planes was overriding the transform operation's settings. You might check that in your operations to see if the checkbox is checked, and if so, un-check it. Edit common parameters was an option that worked in this case because all of the operations shared the same WCS, Tplane and Cplane, so we could edit them all at the same time and turn the work offset checkbox off.

Thanks Jeremy. I did that with what somename75 had said. My main prob is that it won't code the operations in the correct order. I want all the work that is done with one tool to run both offsets (vises) before tool change. It won't do this whether I use op order or op type. It puts out the identical code for both options. It puts out all of the g54 ops and then the g55 ops. I want them to run together.

Well it sounds like you're using the right options. I don't usually see this issue unless you're transforming a transform, in which case things get more difficult. Grouping NCI output by operation type is definitely what you want, but you should see a difference between the two options if you're just transforming normal operations (not transform operations). If you're definitely not seeing any difference then I'm not sure what is happening there.