Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

v9.1 screen troubles

Tom Flyer

My computer recently died and our 'ill'ustrious IT department set me up with a new Dell Precision 390, installing Mastercam 9.1 and Unigraphics. In Mastercam, the axes icons only appear while zooming in or out using the PageUp or Down keys, flickering when the key is pressed. In addition, the print preview outline does not appear prior to plotting. This is important to see if the displayed screen will fit within the boundaries of our plot paper.

Anybody have any idea if there's a setting to turn these things on?

Tom.. I'm going to guess that you've got an ATI video card in that Dell. It need to be swapped for an NVIDIA Quadro FX

If you do have A Quadro, go into the video perfomance setting at set the drop down for SolidWorks. You may have to set up 2 video profiles,

1 for Mastercam and another for UG

V9 can act wierd on new computers, if the profiles don't work try right clicking on the desktop, properties, settings, advanced, troubleshoot, set the graphics acceleration bar from full to 1 position right of none, apply, ok, appearance, effects, uncheck the (use the following transition effect for menus and tooltips. This will help with V9 issues a lot of times.

Sound exactly like what my ATI card did I used to run (had it before I began using MC).

Do a search on the forum and u will find a link for a driver and instructions for the video card settings. It has been covered mor than once.

The 9800 pro bit the big one last December and replaced it with a Nvidia. Won't go back!

Sound exactly like what my ATI card did I used to run (had it before I began using MC).

Do a search on the forum and u will find a link for a driver and instructions for the video card settings. It has been covered mor than once.

The 9800 pro bit the big one last December and replaced it with a Nvidia. Won't go back! biggrin.gif

HEAVY SIGH...

First of all, the video card is a Quadro NVS 285, but all the settings are either greyed out or non-functional, thanks to the idjit 'working' in our IT department. Our new owner - General Electric - has mandated that our PCs be set up so that individual users have no administrator rights. It's a "Run what I brung ya and shut up" kind of situation now. Driver updates and stuff is a thing of the past for now.

Now... anybody know how to hack the administrator login?

Just kidding, sorta.

Thanks to all who chipped in in a losing battle.

We r the same here. It is pretty common in large companies. IT can give useres temp admin access for installs and updates.

quote:

That card is junk for Mastercam.. you'd be better of with onboard Intel graphics

Hope you have better luck updateing hardware then we do.

• 2 months later...

Update:

After 2-½ months, our IT Dept finally gave me my FX 1300 card back from the old machine and I installed it in this new one. Of course, I had to wait 6 hours for one of the idjits to stroll by and grant me admin rights so I could reinstall the drivers.

Now MC9 works like it used to.

It's twue: that NVS 285 card is poopie-kaka.