Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mori MT253 probing

dan m

I have just started playing with the reinshaw probe again and have what is probably a stupid question. If I have the turret rotated B-90. I have no problem checking O.D.'s and I.D.'s. For the job I want to use it on now I am using a tailstock so I wanted to have my B axis at B0 and I can't seem to get it to work. This is what the command line looks like "G65 P9018 D1.0045 Q180. I.05 Z1.0045 F1.7 H3." Any ideas would be appreciated.

Is that a Bore/boss measurement?

This is using the macros that I have on our vertical integrex (the reason for P9614). Note that Z changes to X.

G65 P9614 D1.0045 Q180. I.05 X1.0045 F1.7 H3.

The Q180. is funky also.

Rob i'm not sure if it's a renishaw macro or a mori macro. according to the notes i have from mori P9018 is for Circle measurement. I am not sure what you mean by " All of my B90.0 macros have a value of 200 less than B0.0" . The measurement is just a O.D. which is not that big of a deal I'm just tring to get a better understanding of what I can do. The Q vale specifies the range of measurement when measureing a arc (not full circle) or for measuring a circle where where the measureable range is limited. I am going to try your change and see if that helps.

Thanks for the reply

Dan if your's works like the Integrex there should be some O98XX macros for B90 and O96XX macros for the B0 position. Now if you try using a B90 Macro in the B0 position it will not work. Try changing it to O96 and see if that helps. I have been working on a post that switches automatically depending on the B position of the head before calling the drill cycle.

HTH

Ron I havn't even tryed setting up my drill cycles to run the probe yet. I have just been editing the programs by hand. the macros I have in the machine are as follows.

9018 Auto Measuring Cycle

9049 Probe Calibration (A06)

9051 3 Point center (A06)

9052 Sensor Check (A06)

9053 Average & Min.Max & stdevp (A06)

9058 Work Offset Set

9060 Circle (A06)

9061 Point (A06)

9063 Width (A06)

These are all I have. When the machine was purchased all the macros got whiped out. These are the only ones I have been able to come up with at this point.

Dan, by the looks of it you don't have any macros for 90.0°, but that is if your software works like integrex (like Ron suggested). I would also check to make sure that all the macros are installed. Look within your P9018 and see what is called within it. IMO you should have a lot more then just 9 macros. What kind of documentation do you have for the probe software. It is very easy to get manuals from Renishaw.

Rob, thats kind of what I was starting to think. The Macros that we do have were given to me by a friend. we bought the machine used and there were only a couple macros in it. I am assuming they got rid of what they didn't use. I do have some renishaw stuff but it's all for haas machining centers so I am assuming that is all different.