Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe Sync Code Posting

Kyle Waters

Good Morning All,

I am trying to post a simple O.D. contour from Lathe, but after placing my sync codes into the misc reals boxes(mr7-10), they only come out in the head 1 program instead of both. Did I miss a setting somewhere? Also, has anyone used these and put comments with them?

Thanks in advance,

Kyle,

For the sync codes in our posts you will need to enter the codes not only in the upper turret path, but also in the lower turret path. So if you are trying to sync an upper and lower rough cut, you will need to enter the sync codes in both tool paths. At this point there is no other to sync the to turrets together. We have a sample file available as to how this works, I can send it to you if you would like.

-Chris

You have to edit it.

The post streams your output into two seperate files (1 upper turret, 1 lower). Then, we allow you to spit out wait at the beginning and end of each op to synch those two files up.

Another good strategy is to put your two files in an excel spreadsheet so it's easy to visualize when you're adding more wait codes manually.