Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis swarf - wcs

YoDoug®

I am trying a 5 axis swarf set to 4 axis. The active wcs does not match the world coordinate. When it backplots it is trying to rotate about the world coordinate x axis not the active wcs x axis. I have other X axis positioning moves that are working properly.

Do I have to move my model so it matches the world coordinate to get this to work. I have a stl for stock that is to large to xform so I would rather not have to move the model.

I try to use WCS shift only when doing 4th axis work when using 5 axis toolpaths. I always move the model to the center of the rotary then will do X Moves for WCS is but not Z or Y shifts with respect to the WCS and the TOP WCS. I have a family of 6 parts where I have 8 wcs's per part on one operation of the fixutre then where the other operation is for this fmaily of parts I have 12 WCS's and they all have the same Y and Z WCS as the top the only difference is the X and doing the same type of toolpaths expect it is Curve 5 ax in a 4 axis output and works just fine.

HTH