Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas Renishaw Probe Help

TeccBoxx

Well two touch probes later I still cannot figure out how to get a angle output dimension. We cut alot of parts that have angle callouts.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have the Hass Probe output the angle of a part to the mdi screen or edit screen?

Any direction would be great.

Tazzer, you should congratulate yourself. First for seeing a highly engineered probe for what it can do and not just as a super overpriced edge finder. The next thing you should congratulate yourself on is persevering after the first broken stylus. Usually such personal desire is quashed by management upon word that you broke something trying something tricky with their super precious edge finder.

Unfortunately I never found a way to put the measured data back on screen with VQC (but may be possible). I never could figure out where, or even if, the HAAS VQC macros dump out useful data the way the Renishaw macros do. If you use the EasyProbe routines it pretty simple to find the data. Type in the parameter number indicated in the documentation and arrow key down. If you use this capability a lot consider writing a macro function which will read and display the parameter on the MEM or MDI screen.

My advice is to get comfortable with the macros on an open area of table with "dummy" parts. I used blocks of pine arranged to simulate a part. They were light enough that they would not break the stylus but still trigger the probe. Don't sweat the measurements, just play around with different parameters so you can anticipate what the routines will do and how the numbers are reported. You will be able to scare the boss in no time.

Probe stylus: Sometimes they come up ebay for at least 1/2 off.

I only broke one before I got this.

http://www.renishaw.com/en/6627.aspx#tocTarget8

Its crash protection for the stylus. Screw it on first, then screw the stylus into it and it is supposed to break first.

I got part # M-2085-0069 to fit an OMP-40 with M4 thread.

Not sure how to check angles with the probe software. I know how to do it the old fashioned way just not with software.