Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Inverse Time feed

d00d

My new Boss wants me to explain Inverse Time Feed to him. Not gonna happen. Someone on here posted the ENTIRE definition one time formulas and all. (James I think) Isearched the entire forums 2 times and cant find it. Does anyone have it handy? I want to lay the "uber dork" definition on his desk and watch him scratch his head.

Inverse Time Feed Mode (G93)

This VMC/HMC feature specifies that all F (feedrate) values are to be interpreted as “strokes per minute.” This is equivalent to saying that the F code value, when DIVIDED INTO 60, is the number of seconds that the motion should take to complete. G93 is generally used in 5-axis work, and sometimes in 4-axis work as well. It’s a way of translating the linear (inches/min) feedrate assigned to the program – F30, say – into a value that takes rotary motion into account. When G93 is activated, the F value will tell you how many times per minute the stroke (tool move) can be repeated, based on the linear F value.

Well this might not be totally accurate but here is how it was explained to me. Because of the nature of rotary axis moving with linear axis static feed rates wont work. The inverse time gives all axis' a coordinate to be at in a given amount of time so that they all arive at that point at the same time. So some axis' will need to move faster then others to complete certain moves. hope that helps

I know what it is lol Ya'll are missing the point. My new boss is a SALESGUY, he doesnt even know X Y Z I wanted the super long version that I think James posted a couple of years ago to keep him in his office all weekend. I think printed out it was 3 or 4 pages long. Sorry just being me usual evil self here.

Inverse time feed mode is the most common way that the controllers deal with 5-axis relative velocity and feed rate issues.

When using G93 you are telling the NC Controller to

ignore the changes in the 5-axes during the time calculation

because YOU are specifying the time to use,

Or in this case 1 over the time, hence the name “inverse time”.

The value 1 over time is used because the times are usually small.

Using 1/t will provide large numbers for the

F-Code that appears in the program.

The controller can calculate the axes feed directly by multiplying the axis change by the inverse time.

• 1 year later...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I quoted the entire article. Just wanted to give credit where credit was due. Can't help ya on the link. I searched MMS Online and nada...

Sorry.