Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Screwed by MC9.

rsbeadle

O.K. graphics card is GeForce3 Ti200 64 meg DDR NVIDIA. BUS is AGP (PCI Mode). But even if this is a crappy card. I don't have any problems that seem to me to be graphics related. I don't have any problems creating complex surfaces or working with shading active. My software freezes up when I am creating simple geometry, breaking a line, or creating a fillet on 3D geometry. I think that my problem might be the same as the creating 31 lines I read about several posts back.

quote:

I think that my problem might be the same as the creating 31 lines I read about several posts back.

If that were the case then alot of people including me would of had the same trouble.

I have not had V9 crash on me and I use it daily.

for design & programming.

try going in to the Advance mode in the grapghics and in to the Trouble shooting tab and move this down to all most the bottom and try to make it crash.

Please use this Sample to view the setting page

[ 04-20-2002, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

OK. So what we have here is a seemingly decently configured computer with seemingly decent drivers and a seemingly decent cad cam program. From personal experience when all things seem well but it is still crashing, I would look at other hardware issues. Just because it started when you loaded V9 could be coincidental. If you have the luxary, load V9 in another computer and try to duplicate the problem. If not, look for cpu or case fans not working. Look for loose cables or memory. Call Dell tech support and see if there is any internal hardware diagnostics you can run.

Allot of people are running V9 problem free. On a hunch, dis-able virus protection for one Mastercam session. Don't let it drive you crazy, I could tell 2 or 3 wierd hardware related problems, one got me temporarily demoted until I proved it true. mad.gif

Ok, here goes. I was doing programming, shop supervision and IT at the place I was previously employed. During this time I bought a dual proc. server from the place of my choice. It was based on an Abit BP6 and 2 celeron 400 o/c to 580ish. Every once in a while the thing would loose it's bios info on boot (even the time) so I checked the battery and everything seemed fine. I determined it must be the mobo and the best way to explain is: The exact mobo they sent me

Well, from the first boot the OS had a hard time loading without crashing, it wouldn't run for a whole hour without crashing and the next day they called someone "more qualified" who kept our server for a week, couldn't fix it, and sold us a damn compaq with 4 stupid compaq workstations for a large sum of money. Well as we all can figure the compaq's started falling apart, The new server runs but the tape backup they chose(yuk) and the A drive and the cdrom do not function. This lasted for 6 months during which I found the above mentioned article, they fired the guy who called his "buddy" to remedy the situation and I once again was "Mr I.T." for the duration of my employment there. Believe it or not, that is the short version.