Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

lathe stock puller routine

Andy

Anyone use this? I worked on getting my post to use this X2 routine and got it to work.

However, MC does no allow top of stock to be at z0. But the code posts fine.

In our setup we use end of stock (top of stock)for wcs z=0 as usual. Then the part say 1" long is machined in the z minus direction where the part is to the left of z0. Then part is cut off at z-1". The bar end is now at z-1.1 or so.

In Backplot The stock puller will not go to the left of z0 in MC no matter what values we put in. Yet it needs to grab the stock at z-1.1 or so.

Also the routine shows the bar when the part is machined and then only shows the finished part when the puller op comes up as if we are trying to pull the finished part and not the bar?????

In verify it shows both the part and the bar after pulling.

Please enlighten me.

Thanks,

Andy

I gave up on Mastercam stock pull toolpath along time ago. I just have a text file for our bar pull routine that I copy/paste in to a manual entry tool path and edit the new z-x.xx value for the length of the part.

May not be the answer you are looking for, but its a work around, and as anyone that runs mcx lathe knows - work arounds are key.

Bryan,

Thanks for the zip2go sample. After I figured out how to use zip2go I looked at your cutoff and puller ops and the post. First I found that in the puller op the misc reals 1 and 2 had values in them that you must have entered. So I suspected that your post was written for that.

Then I looked at the post and there it was, written for mr1 mr2 variables with forced output for all else. Except for the mr's my puller op was setup exactly as yours. Of course yours worked perfectly.

Before V10 I had written a puller routine that used mr and mi variables and worked fine.

Then when v10 came out and my post would not updated properly I chose to use a different post (v10) and modify it for puller using v10 puller routine with no mr's. I would still like not to use mr's but may not have that option.

Your files have helped me immensely toward that goal. Thank You

Well....I was just playing with stock advance. But when I post it I get warnings that my post needs customizing....

Also, This is a face and center move then stock advance and turn the OD. All the OD moves are from the original Z 0.0

Like there was no stock advance. What gives?

I can work around it....

But you already knew that...