Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

renshape board

keith mc.

i am looking for a supplier in the toronto area of canada who can supply me with renshape board,any body know of one? i would like to make some prototypes and check fixtures from it i did a search and found some usefull info on the machining characteristics of this but no mention of suppliers. thanks for the help. p.s is anybody using this that can offer some other useful tips,ie cutters,drilling and reaming, etc.........

cnb products 416 675 3220 talk to Craig or Vince.

mmf composites is another place.

As for machining it, use a vacuum and no coolant. Machines easy. I usually go as fast as the spindle will go (as we don't have very fast spindles) and run about .002" per tooth.

Just be careful about edges breaking off. Cutting from the outside in works best for us. Don't be too aggressive drilling where it breaks through for the same reason.

HTH

I mill ren often for prototypes and models. It mills quickly with little tool wear, but as mentioned is a bit expensive. As you have probably seen it comes in a variety of densities. We generally use RenShape 440, but even the lower density holds detail pretty well - a bit more work to get a smooth painted surface if that is something you are after. HSS works fine.