Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

rotary axis probem

alvin1234tools

havine a prolem trying to program these feeder spacers im working on. pretty much there 6" round and they have 96 60 degree teeth all the way around the outside with a hole throught the middle om putting them on my A axis on a mandril.

my problem is im using MX2 level 1 and im trying to cut this with a 60 deg dovetail cutter thats been ground to spec. what i need to do is bring my cutter to the side of the stock and go down then rotate then go back.

all i have been able to get is where the tool is perpendicular to the part and rotating around. which would be fine it i was using a endmill style cutter but not for this aplication.

thanks in advance for the help

You only need to drive one line if you use a main program that loops. In the front view, create one notch at the top of the 6 in. circle. Rotate it -90 degrees. Now one side of the notch is parallel with the bottom of the cutter (if machining view is top). Create a line in the side view thru the apex of the notch. This is the machining line in top view. I'll email you a picture.