Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

C axis face drilling in V9

gcode

I've been using the C axis mill/drill module in V9

lately. It works very well ecxept for face drilling. I'm getting a g81 line and a g680 for each hole in a face drilling cycle.

I'm using the standard mpfan lathe post.

Anyone else having this problem?? Anyone have a cure???

[ 04-12-2002, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

As I do not have Mastercam v9 installed at home, and do not have a HASP at home even if I had Mastercam v9 installed, I cannot check if it behaves the same to me.

Have you selected the right hand side plane as both toolplane and construction plane?

Have you defined the drillings as one operation?

If you have to answer "no" to either of those questions, then Mastercam will place a "null toolchange" between each hole, which will force the G81 command line to be repeated.

If the above suggestions do not solve your problem, you should contact your local Mastercam dealer. I have made post processors for lathes with a C axis, so I know it works as it should. If your local dealer cannot solve the problem, then your local dealer can contact us for a quote at [email protected].

The geometry and toolpaths that posted incorrectly in V9 posted perfectly when I did them in V8. I even tried running my V8 post through the V9 update post, but I still get a G81 and a G80 for each hole. I don't think its a post problem. I'm a beta site and I reported it as bug Friday afternoon. I was hoping someone had a workaround as I need to run the program Monday

morning.

Have you drawn all holes, and selected them as one drilling cycle, or are you using a transform toolpath? You should draw all of the holes and select them as one drilling operation, using a transform toolpath may cause "Null Toolchange" NCI code between each hole. If you are using a transform toolpath, then you should make sure you are using the "Coordinate" transform method.

My original geometry was imported from the top view of a mill file and transformed to the correct plane.

Then I tried drawing one hole on the right side plane and a rotate/copy around the origin 14 places.

I have tried selecting as enities, picking the center of arc and window selecting all entieties.

I also creaeated points at the center of all arcs and picked them by selecting entity/all/points

In V8 these methods outputs the correct code.

As an experiment I used the chook cview to set my construction and tool plane. I drew three holes

and window picked them. V9 output a seperate G81-G80- for each hole.

I set the post up to output its diagnostic info.

In V8 the fist hole it written by mdrill and the rest by mdrill-2.

In V9 all the holes are writtened by mdrill. Its obvious that v9 is treating each hole as a seperate operation. I even edited mdrill to look like mdrill-2 and it still output seperate G81's and G80's.

If I knew what I was doing, I could probably edit the NCI file, but I couldn't make any sense of that at all tongue.gif