Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 MR2 Verify - Save STL

ToolMan184

I am doing a part in X2 MR2 with 3 operations.

1st op - Mill OP done verify and saved as STL to use for 2nd op.

2nd op - Wire OP done verify and saved as STL to use for 3rd op.

3rd op - Mill OP - When I go to verify the part and select file, then the stl file from the 2nd op nothing shows up. I can get the stl file from the 1st op. headscratch.gif

Anyone know what this may be?

Well I went back and saved it 3 more times with the same result. I then saved it as TEST.stl and it worked. headscratch.gif I wonder if this has something to do with a - being in the file name?

I have never had problems in X2 SP1 before, or I wonder if its on the wire side? Is there a difference in WIRE and MILL verify? Could it be just on the WIRE side? Ive never had this happen on the MILL side or on the WIRE side with X2 SP1.

I have come to the conclusion that the VERIFY in WIRE is a total WRECK in X2 MR2. Sometimes it works and sometimes it dont. I just had a case where it would VERIFY but but not give me any options at the end of VERIFY to save as STL. I had to go back to X2 SP1 to do the WIRE VERIFY so I could use the STL file for the 3rd OP.

I guess I will be heading back to X2 SP1. idea.gif

Ya just gotta love PISSING your MAINT. MONEY away to get a version that is worse than 3 versions ago. bs.gif

I'm with you Toolman on the wasting money part. I've been out of MCAM for awhile. I left right when X came out. Now I am back using it and just got a new seat with X2 MR2 installed and it is really flaky. I'm not doing complicated stuff and it still crashes way too often for my liking. Might be something with the level manager because after changing levels I usually get trouble. I'm having V9 put on this morning. I hope I can go back and forth between the 2 and pick up some more speed with X2 but I'd be happy to just keep doing things in V9 also, because it works.