Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS STL comparison?

Tom R

Can anyone tell me why when using WCS I can't compare to STL file? In order to compare the STL you need to use truesolids. I have always moved my work to the real X0Y0Z0 because of the STL comparison doesn't work in WCS. I can see how much faster using it would be but I need proof (STL file comparison) To cover my xxxx! as I don't get to set up any of my work! It's all just program and send it to the floor with set up sheets and hope the floor sets it up right. So if anyone could fill me in that would be great. cheers.gif

I was told the same thing by my MC Rep. With out offending anyone should someone start a post called "Why doesn't Master Cam do so and so and have everyone vote on it!" Example

-Why can't I or I just don't know how-to compare STL useing WCS?

-Why can't I or I just don't know how to-Keep the STL compare window numbers the same instead of changing them every time I use the STL comparison tool? (see image)

http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID...32/t_=107407232

-Why can't I or just don't know how to- Get the Holder definition in HSM tool path back to the way it was in MR1 because we do some deep milling and I have the head of the mills detailed up for each tool! With MR2 and the way it's now you can't see the shank of the tool clearly (see image)

http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID...32/t_=107407232

If someone has a work around please post it. I know that this whole forum is for this but there are a lot of small things I would like to see if everyone agrees. Master cam is a great software been using it since Mc8.

Bruce the only way I can seam to get a tool path to verify when using WCS is to turn off TrueSoil in the Verify Options and when that happens (Compare to STL file check box grays out) I saved the STL file in the same WCS of all my operations in (Save as Options) I've saved it in both (World Coordinates) and in (Current WCS) as an STL . So I guess I still don't understand how you got it to work? headscratch.gif

quote:

You have to save the STL in the original TOP WCS. Then you can verify any toolpath, regardless of the WCS used.

I get the same error here.

I think the key issue here is comparing to a STL. That can only be done in True Solid mode. True Solid mode requires the top view, per the error. I have asked QC to support comparing to a STL in any WCS a few years ago. It was logged as an enhancement request in, I think, 2003. That tells me that it wasn't currently possible.

Thad

quote:

I do NOT use turbo. I think this is where you are running into problems with the WCS.

You are correct. I just ran a test part. Now it takes almost as long to verify it as it does to cut it. I think I'll continue to rotate the part and use Turbo-No Tool.

Thad