Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Moving Solids causing crashes

ARP

I am hoping to find out from the forum members if anyone has problems with MCAM version 9 or X crashing when you Xform-Translate or -Rotate a solid in either "move" or "copy". Is this a known issue?

I have been able to repeatedly crash MCAM V9 and X2 MR2 by doing the above operation with native solids or some imported from ProE.

Could you explain your "crashing" better. Does it boot you out of mc, lock up, or something else. Also, Jeff it is normal that duplicate geometry gets created when solids arew moved. If you move the original creation geomtry with the solid, it should not create new geometry.

Something that could help would be to use the "nohist" C-Hook.

Caution, this will remove all of the history from your solid and you will no longer be able to "edit" the operations in your solid history tree...

But on the positive side, you will be able to move and/or copy the solid without all the wireframe being duplicated...

I bet this will solve your crashing problem.