Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mpmaster post question

gms1

I recently added the code for turning coolant off with last Z move from the Mpmaster post. Now I cant figure out how to get it to NOT output the coolant off command on a null toolchange. How can I get it to not output the m8/m9 at null tool changes?

Running V8.1.1

Modified Mpfan post

Greg

Turning off the coolant early is actually quite complex. Check out the line that accomplishes this:

if cool_zmove = yes & (nextop=1003 | (nextop=1011 & t<>abs(nexttool))), coolant = zero

Let me translate:

if the switch to enable feature is on

and

the next operation is the end of file

or

the next operation is a tool change or null tool change and the current tool is not equal to the next tool based on a buffer file that I've written out (making it a true tool change rather than a null tool change)

then turn the coolant string selector variable off

The problem is that gcode 1011 is used for both a full tool change and a null tool change. You may be missing the create of the buffer list of tools (including null tool changes) that is queried to assign the value to the user-defined 'nexttool' variable.

All that for an M09 one line earlier...

Thanks for the reply Dave, the defintion to that line is what I really wanted! (I was banging my head trying to figure out what the heck 1011 meant smile.gif )

Gonna try this out today, im pretty sure I did remove a buffer... buffer5 to be exact, cause I didnt think I needed it. I thought it was for metacut/predator stuff. Back to work, i'll check in later.

Greg

Geez....

Well I found something I was missing

toolcountn = toolcount + 1 # Index!

toolcountp = toolcount - 1 # Index!

Lol! can't believe I didnt see that. Now its almost fixed, just seems like something I have defined is different from yours. Now, the coolant will turn on at pzrapidout, for no reason. like this...

G1G40Y3.3758 plin plinout

G0Z.1M8 pzrapid prapidout

X-2.6324Y2.7319 ptlchg0 prapidout

G1Z-1.F100. plin plinout

I know its something simple, I will find it!! At least now it doesnt turn on and off at null tool changes. Thanks a bunch Dave!