Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Moving Groups and Starting New Mach Def

kenfromlodi

quote:

Can I start a new machine group in the middle of my operations or will it always go to the end?

No, machine groups always stand on their own, you can start multiple toolpath groups in a machine group

The way I move or copy ops around, be it to other groups or just a different location is this; Make sure the ops you want have the checkmark on the yellow folder (left side). Right click (and hold) on one of the checked folders and drag below where you want to move/copy to, then (still right click is holding) drag it back up over top of the last op/group you want to place it in. Release right mouse, a pop up will appear, do you want to move, copy or cancel...select the action an viola!

When you start a new group it will always go to the end, far as I understand. If you need it in the middle use the method I just described to move said ops to the new group. =]

HTH

-------------------------------------------------

Is there a way to move one groups ops to another group and not leave the group empty but actually move it?

-------------------------------------------------

In ops manager, Checkmark all of the ones you want to move. Right click, copy, move red arrow to where you want them to be, and paste. I think this is what you are looking for. If your trying to move the whole group, grab group, drag and drop.

Thanks John

I do use multiple toolpath groups in a mach group but the problem I ran into was on a part that had been programmed by someone else had all of the

7 ops in the operations manager (in groups) and the first op was a vertical and the next two were horizontals and then a vertical and then back to the horizontal. The person who wrote the program only put one Mach Def at the start so every op I posted I had to go back and change my mach def for the right mach. I got it all straightened out but it took a bit and it would of been so much easier to just drop a new mach def in where it was needed. Thought maybe I was just not doing something right.

Ken,

I do this similar thing all of the time. All you do is create the new machine group, and copy/move the ops you want into the new machine group. You can create multiple groups, and then move the ops required to each one. The only issue that I have had, is if you have a transform/translate op, and you copy it to a new group, it references to it's original ops, and I have to open it, uncheck the original ops, and select the copies in the new machine group.

HTH

Glenn